Saturday, June 28, 2008

From the desk of Pleasant!


So I'm finally doing a blog!

Day 9 in Paris. Last bag of crack eaten. (It's crackers, really!)

I know this was in high demand, and finally my mom and wonderful beloved sister talked me into sitting down and doing it. They encouraged me to write about the food, being a 'chef-in-training' at home, but what could I say beyond, it's French, and therefore even the sidewalk cafe crap is superior in every way to anything we have at home.

Despite my grave irritation with events such as mom talking to me, my sister demanding cuddles, and being devoured by bugs, Paris is turning out to be a blast. I solved the bug problem by the way, turns out I was sleeping under an open window. Who could possibly have figured that out? Stupid bugs.

So far this week I have said every terrible thought that has stomped through my brain. I have also begun repeating the phrase "Sheath for Jew Harp" constantly because I saw it written on a card in a museum next to a Medieval artifact. This has been my favorite thing in all of Europe and therefore an excellent punch line to nothing in particular.

Next week: Stalking Karl Lagerfeld. Have potential lead on his whereabouts. Stay tuned.

No comments: